Pages

Saturday 26 July 2014

Oh Etsy. Oh Valve. Why?

I think I pretty much jinxed it when I had my little rant about items being banned from Etsy because of complaints from Fox broadcasting and Microsoft about my Futurama T-shirts and Mincraft T-shirt .

Valve software complained to Etsy about one of my items, my Good Game T-shirt to be exact. And it was banned for copyright infringement. And shortly after it was banned, my whole shop was taken down, as I had ventured into the realm of the repeat offender.

I'm a little sad about it, I loved my Etsy shop and all of my customers. This is the item that was banned and lead to my Etsy shops uncompromising death.

 Buy it here

I'm really shocked that they pulled this one up to be honest. Lets face it, its only text. Its not even full words! There is no reference to any of Valve's products here at all! 

My mistake was in using DOTA as a search reference for the item. I asked Etsy if I could get my shop reopened as this particular offence seems a bit unfair, and I have always done as they ask on these matters. But no, Etsy wont budge, shop closed and my request for my product data ignored. 

Either way Valve, I can't believe this is how low you stooped sending out your minions to deal with copyright infringement. Thanks for sniping the little guy. 

All is not lost though, there are plenty of other ways to get my creations out into the world. But it involves a lot of work (which I should have done a long time ago) So there will be a lot of fiddling with the blog and Facebook page in the next few days while I set things straight. 

Expect more frequent but much shorter posts on here relating to items. Mostly new product and maybe revisits on a few best sellers I haven't touched on yet. :)

Anyways on with plan Z







No comments:

Post a Comment